Offshore Commissioning Senior I&C Engineer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an independent Australian oil and gas company playing a key role in supplying energy to our region.
They are one of the world’s leading producers of liquefied natural gas, helping meet the demands for cleaner energy from Japan, China, Korea and other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
• Responsible, as directed by the Lead Instrument & Controls Engineer, to plan and prepare the Instrument and Controls discipline Hook up, pre Commissioning & Commissioning scope of work and then supervise Commissioning activities during offshore execution
• During the onshore preparation phase preparation and planning of all engineering and procedures required in support of the plan as directed by the Hook up & Commissioning superintendents.
• During the offshore phase support the offshore activities and supervision of Commissioning activities related to electrical activities.
• Provide direction to the labour force to achieve the plan.
• The position provides direct support to the Offshore Commissioning techs and works closely with all offshore HUC construction and commissioning engineers to produce the engineering work scopes, plans and reports.
• Assist with the development of an integrated HU and commissioning execution plan to cover the all phases of the offshore Completions.
• Development of engineering, specifications and procedures for the offshore Completions scope.
• Preparation of all engineering work packs, drawings, procedures, specifications and documentation to prepare for and plan the offshore completions activity scope of works.
• Preparation of scope descriptions, man-hour and duration estimates to support the development of Hook up & Commissioning job cards.
• Interfacing with the design and production departments to prepare drawings and material specifications in accordance with the plan.
• Work closely with planners in the development of the integrated level 4 offshore plans.
• Work closely with planners in the development and identification of the offshore critical paths.
• Working closely with the fabrication team/planning group to monitor the tail end of onshore commissioning and establish and include in the plan for any carry over work.
• Interface with the fabrication team to optimise and minimise the instrument and controls scope of work carried offshore.
• Estimate and assist to establish manpower requirements for the offshore work.
• Prepare a scope of work and assist with the preparation of tender documents for the award of a labour contract for the instrument resources.
• Work closely with Offshore HSE group to develop safe work practices for all offshore activities.
• Interface with the field supervision offshore in the form of technical support on a day-to-day basis.
• Supervision of the offshore Commissioning Instrument construction activities to ensure quality and safety is maintained at all times.
• Ensure that the work is being executed in accordance with the job card specifications and the plan and monitor construction progress.
• Prepare daily reports, and weekly reports of the progress against the plan and highlight any problem areas.
• Participate in planning sessions to ensure the work is optimised to fit the available labour, materials and critical path activities.
• Ensure that all engineering and work preparation activities are carried out with due regard to safe working practice, safety of personnel and the integrity of the installation.
• Financial authority is per the Project Manual of Authorities.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Commissioning Engineering Professional with a minimum of 10 years experience in Offshore Oil and Gas Projects Engineering and Commissioning projects with a proven track record of planning, preparing and executing offshore Commissioning scopes and/or shut downs.
• Competent Instrument or Controls Engineer with proven track record related to offshore scopes
• Successful candidate must work accurately and have adequate analytical skills with a feel for (fit for purpose) controls.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills. Independent, self starter.
This position requires a motivated individual with good communication skills and a "can do" attitude