On Board Software R&D Engineer
UK - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
Software developer to support R&D projects.
Qualifications and/or Skills
• University Degree in an area related to either Computer Science, or Software Engineering, or Robotics/Mechatronics/Electronics Engineering with a strong software engineering component.
• Experience in real-time embedded Software engineering domain. Average of 2-5years relevant experience
• Excellent experience of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process.
• Proficiency in C-code development / unit-test / integration.
• Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
• Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mindset (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
• Good communication skills in English (verbal & written)
• Results oriented - Strives for team & individual goals (able to work with minimum supervision)
• Proactive approach; openness, selflessness and flexibility
Desirable: Experience in the satellite/space or avionics industry
• Proven experience in embedded real-time systems/software engineering.
• Practical experience of real-time embedded Operating Systems (RTOS), Windows, UNIX, Linux
• Proven experience in developing software using ANSI-C, C++.
• HW-SW: low level interfaces; drivers; embedded software development.
• Experience with the development of robotic systems in one or more of the following speciality areas: Robotic Control Operating Systems (RCOS), machine vision, control, kinematics/dynamics, path planning and navigation, manipulation, artificial intelligence and machine learning, human-robot interaction.
• Experience with any of the following types of system is highly beneficial: embedded, real-time, multi-thread, multi-processor/multi-core systems
• Experience using GCC; Eclipse; Cygwin; configuration control (e.g. CVS, SVN, Git, Clearcase); DOORS; Doxygen
• Experience using RTOS variants, such as RTEMS, XtratuM, PikeOS, Xenomai, RTAI,
• Experience with space network protocols (e.g. MIL-STD 1553B, CAN, SpaceWire, SpaceFibre, TTEthernet)
• Programming/specification languages: Java, Perl, Python, Unix shell scripting, Matlab, UML, SysML
• Libraries: OpenCV, Boost, OpenGL, GNU Scientific Library
• Development experience of advanced data/signal processing systems (SW and/or HW) and algorithms (e.g. FIR, FFT) for space applications
• Familiarity with processor benchmarking techniques
• FPGA programming (VHDL language)