On board Software Validation Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
Thee Engineering technical unit for Data Processing & On-Board Software is a multinational group with sites in UK, France and Germany. The function of the technical unit is to provide a central competence that supports the evolving needs of the business, working on space systems, satellite platforms, payloads and equipment. As part of the UK's Data Processing & On-Board Software department, the successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic development group working at the centre of embedded software development for some of the most exciting Space missions currently under development, including ExoMars Rover, and Solar Orbiter.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with good experience in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic , passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
• Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
• Anomaly investigation, including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
• Inspection of peers' test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
• Configuration & administration of updated test software
Qualifications and/or Skills
• Engineering degree in software, computer science or similar
• Excellent experience of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. (Min. 5years work experience in real-time embedded Software engineering domains - design, code/test, integration, validation)
• Java programming (min. 2 years professional experience); C coding; Linux scripting skills
• Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
• Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
• Good communication skills in English (verbal & written) in a multi-disciplinary team
• Results oriented - Strives for team & individual goals
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Proactive approach; selflessness and flexibility
• Excellent experience of large, complex embedded real-time systems/software engineering (design, code, test).
• Excellent knowledge of RTOS for real-time embedded systems (hard deadline, multi-tasking).
• Formal software development & validation, including expertise on requirements traceability.
• Production of detailed test specifications.
• Mastery of development & test environments (simulators, IDEs, Cygwin, Doors and similar).
• Configuration management using ClearCase, CVS or similar
• Change tracking with ClearQuest, Bugzilla or similar
• Experience in the satellite/space, avionics, automotive, telecoms or similar industry.
• Previous experience using satellite platform control software
• Spacecraft systems engineering knowledge (electrical systems; thermal sensors & actuators; propulsion technology; navigation sensors, algorithms and instruments; other instruments…)
• ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
• MIL-STD 1553B and spacewire communication.
• Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
• ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
• Previous experience with Astrium on-board software processes.
• Microsoft Windows 7; Linux Red Hat 4.x