Operational Excellence Engineer
Power & Energy
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
An opportunity is available for an Operational Excellence (OPEX) Engineer
This role will focus on driving continuous improvement, reducing cost, providing a solid platform for growth and striving for excellence.
The role requires a team player, able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and determination and will involve travel within the UK and Europe.
The position of Operational excellence engineer will have a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Act as a change agent, systematically driving a Continuous Improvement culture.
• Supporting the UK and Ireland HUB OPEX / Operations Manager implement global standard practices into local business units
• Monthly quality KPIs collection, analysis and suggestion for long term correction, follow up the correction actions
• Provide training and coaching of continuous improvement, lean principles along with customer loyalty and other various training programs to all business areas and value streams
• This role will work with multiple points of contact throughout the site to ensure business improvements are executed and will have regular communications into other sites throughout the business
• Lead and manage all standardised Continuous Improvement activities throughout the sites
• Measure and report on Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and cost saving / avoidance to meet business goals
• Train / lead kaizan and lean workshops and site leaders including value steam mapping, daily management, standard work, problem solving and visual management.
• Identify business opportunities for improvement
• Develop continuous improvement plans/road maps for projects and areas of accountability
• Adhering to all Health and Safety procedures.
This role requires an energetic, self-motivated, results orientated individual. You will be an effective communicator with the ability to build solid relationships with personnel at all levels is essential. Coaching and mentoring is required to guide individuals through the change process. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation and to be a key influencer within this
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Good understanding of improvement tools such as Lean, SIX SIGMA, Continuous Improvement
• Able to work independently and under pressure, high ownership sense, proactive working style
• Good team player
• Willing to travel in the UK and Europe
.• Good verbal and written communication skills being able to communicate at all levels within the organization
• Experience of process mapping and implementing, monitoring & improving processes
• A good level of IT literacy
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Six sigma black belt qualification.
• Nationally recognised Quality qualifications with membership of an appropriate Institute preferred
• Some knowledge of Health, safety and environmental considerations is preferred
• Electricity Supply Industry, Nuclear Industry, Rail Industry Experience
• Experience in project management environment