Our client is the world's largest exploration and production company with operations in over 29 countries. In Australia our client is leading the way in both upstream and downstream oil and gas projects with further development projects in the pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Specialist to provide effective environmental support and leadership to the onshore and offshore operations and support functions to achieve and maintain the highest standard of environmental performance. This role will be based in Perth, but will require regular visits to operational facilities.
Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Undertake environmental risk assessments in order to coordinate the development, revision and approval of Environmental Management Plans
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with government environmental regulatory agencies
* Implement various environmental monitoring programs
* Liaise with regulatory authorities regarding licencing and compliance with legal requirements
* Review design modifications to existing facilities to ensure they meet internal and external legal requirements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Tertiary qualifications in environmental science or equivalent
* 5-10 years of relevant experience in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably within operations
* Demonstrable knowledge of environmental legislation and approvals processes
* Strong verbal and technical writing skills
* Effective communication, influencing and motivating skills, particularly when working with operations teams