Power & Energy
Our client offer design, manufacture, assembly & testing of complex, high-intergrity mechanical and electromechanical plant equipment as well as waste management and decommissioning front-end engineering and methodologies to the nuclear industry
Operations Manager - responsible for the coordination and safe delivery of the day to day operations ensuring overall performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability for the project operational activities and delivery of projects.
To ensure compliance, maximising efficiency and delivery for customer and business deadlines, the role will act as the first point of contact at senior management level for operational delivery.
• Provide World Class Leadership overseeing operational management of projects and activities from proposal acceptance through to installation ensuring that all projects are undertaken within budget and on time.
• Implement management, cost control and reporting systems necessary to achieve satisfactory execution and control of operational activities/project commercial performance.
• Work professionally within the Leadership Team delivering the flow down of appropriate departmental objectives
• Provide support and development to the Project Managers ensuring collaboration with the engineering and manufacturing leadership.
• Build, recruit and retain a strong performance focussed Project Management team.
• Primary involvement in commercial discussions with the customer and supply chain and continue to maintain excellent customer relationships through the life of projects or activities.
• Provide Timely and accurate Operational Forecasts in line with the forecast calendar
• Proactively manage security compliance ensuring all relevant personnel adhere to the security requirements
• Coordination of multi-disciplined resources across all proposals through regular planning and communication
• Being part of the team contributing to the budget process.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Extensive experience in an operational role and successful implementation of activities/projects
• Provide the technical / operational leadership of projects and business activities.
• Proven leadership experience in delivering multiple projects Value Range £1 – 15m
• Have a background in Nuclear Project Management experience
• Good understanding of financial and commercial aspects of operations management
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate and managing diverse teams
• Having a track record in Customer Negotiation
• Highly energised and the ability to motivate with a high level of commitment
• Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skill