** Candidates are required to have 12 years experience with 3 years experience in a Supervisory position **
Direct and manage the operations of the assigned operation area in a safe and optimum manner to ensure that production targets are achieved and margins maximised.
1. Ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environment
2. Ensure the efficient and cost effective implementation of operational plans, schedules and instructions to achieve the production targets.
3. Oversee the implementation of Integrity and Reliability policy, procedures and recommendations in assigned production unit to maintain and enhance the integrity and reliability of the unit and assets.
4. Coordinate the development and execution of operational support plans to ensure the availability and optimal utilisation of plant assets.
5. Assure the provision of utility services in own area of responsibility to support refinery operations.
6. Oversee the minimization of waste and ensure timely disposal of hazardous waste to minimize impact on the environment.
7. Direct and support the activities of the On-Job-Trainer (OJT) in Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to maintain and enhance the technical competence of Operations personnel.
8. Provide professional operations advice and technical expertise for SASREF business units and departments to support project development, engineering studies, SD/TA plans and activities, I&R improvement programs.
9. Oversee the coordination of safe, efficient and cost effective maintenance plans to ensure minimum disruption to operations.
10. Direct and review the preparation of the (annual) departmental business, operating plans and capital expenditure budget, in alignment with the key functional goals, to meet the departmental business objectives in line with the company business plan
11. Perform the refinery duty officer outside normal working hours
12. Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with SASREF policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
13. Conduct a periodic review of Policy, Procedures and practices, relevant to position, to identify opportunities for improvement and engagement in best practice.
14. Lead, motivate, develop and assess the assigned team to achieve business objectives and grow capability.
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety, Within the position holder's area of responsibility:
Ensure that the safety & well-being of employees, contractors, and others are always the first consideration in decisions on cost, production, quality and productivity.
Enforce operational discipline by ensuring all workplace and process safety procedures and practices are understood and implemented in order to avoid potential WPS and PSM incidents occurring.
Apply the Sasref HSE Policy; the 5 Safety Principles, and enforce the 12 Golden Safety Rules.
All relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs Within the position holder's area of responsibility as identified in:
The Sasref HSE Business Plan
Area SPIRIT Plans
Site and Area HSE Dashboards
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent).
Minimum of 12 years of experience
Minimum 3 years in supervisory position.
Asset Processes knowledge
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
Resource and Capacity Management
Workplace Safety Management
Process Safety Management
Team Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.