Operations Manager - Utilities
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, they are currently building an integrated oil refining and petrochemical operation by way of upgrading their oil refinery and constructing a new petrochemical complex. This joint venture has been in place since August 2005 when the project was established. This is an opportunity to work for and with one of the worlds leading oil companies in one of their major downstream projects.
The company produces and markets refined hydrocarbon and petrochemicals. The company is a joint venture. The project produces around 18.4 million tons per annum (MTA) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 MTA of ethylene and propylene based derivatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•Participate in the development of the strategic plan of the department in order to maximize production rate, minimize cost, optimize staffing, and prevent disruptions to plant operations
•Oversee the management of all manufacturing activities in the department by establishing appropriate operation management procedures, appraising team of developments in parent companies in terms of technology/ standards product changes and their implications, implementing cost reduction plans, handling complex customer technical queries, and liaising with the concerned departments where required to ensure safe, stable and effective operations
•Authorize plant safety enhancement program and operation-training to ensure implementation is in accordance with the company's quality and environmental standards
•Review quality audit reports, assess financial and schedule impact of deviations from quality norms, and take appropriate actions to implement improved quality control systems
•Direct new technology and process development studies in order to optimize production capacity at the least cost
•Liaise with Human Resources department to plan staffing requirements for the department, conduct performance reviews of subordinates and finalize staff development program and training needs to further enhance individual potential and contribution to the overall company's performance
Must be able to:
• Ability to plan and manage projects independently
• Have the ability to lead teams.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to handle process plants safety
• Strong IT skills.
• The Individual should be results orientated.
• Possess problem solving skills.
• Strong decision making skills.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• The candidate should hold a degree in engineering.
• Preferably 24 - 28 years in the refinery or petrochemical field in a progressively responsible management position
• Good understanding of company business workflow
• Project control experience in process plant design
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of unit operations and refinery or petrochemical plant layout.
• Good knowledge of process technology
• Good command of the English language.