** Candidates are required to have 12 years experience + **
Providing on-going operational instructions to ensure safe production as per production plans
1. Provides the shift manager with daily operational instructions to achieve optimum finished product blend quality targets, to meet production plan requirements.
2. Provides the assigned operation units team with operational guidance during normal operation and plant upset conditions to ensure optimisation and rapid normalization of plant conditions.
3. Coordinates the implementation of I&R recommendations to maintain and enhance the integrity and reliability of the assigned operation units.
4. Prioritize and direct the daily maintenance activities to support equipment reliability
5. Engages in departmental discussions and provide advice on the required actions to achieve optimum refinery operation.
6. Monitors operating parameters and advise on the necessary changes to ensure refinery streams are within specified limits
7. Monitors environmental limits & arrange the disposal of plant hazardous waste to comply with environmental regulations.
8. Provides relevant information and advice to support the development of a sound departmental business plan.
9. Act as the operations duty contact point outside of normal business
10. Deputises for Asset Manager as required
11. Coordinates efficient operational activities to ensure optimum utilization of the terminal storage and loading facilities to minimize the ship turnaround time (for Oil Movements Operations Superintendent only).
12. Ensures the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with SASREF policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
13. Leads, motivates, develops and assesses the assigned team to achieve business objectives and grow capability.
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety, Within the position holder's area of responsibility:
Ensure that the safety & well-being of employees, contractors, and others are always the first consideration in decisions on cost, production, quality and productivity.
Enforce operational discipline by ensuring all workplace and process safety procedures and practices are understood and implemented in order to avoid potential WPS and PSM incidents occurring.
Apply the Sasref HSE Policy; the 5 Safety Principles, and enforce the 12 Golden Safety Rules.
All relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs Within the position holder's area of responsibility as identified in:
The Sasref HSE Business Plan
Area SPIRIT Plans
Site and Area HSE Dashboards
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 12 years of experience in the oil / petrochemical industry
Refinery Processes knowledge.
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
Resource and Capacity Management
Workplace Safety Management
Process Safety Management
Team Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.