Packaging Engineer - axle & suspension - 31034
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The role involves package feasibility of axle and suspension systems including clash detection of moving parts. The role covers all Axle system and suspension components including steering, sub-frames, brakes, wheels & tyres. The role requires cross functional communication to establish & deliver requirements in the target vehicle package.
- Use Catia v5 CAD & TCe (Team Centre) to carry out geometrical package studies, clash detection, generating static and dynamic clearance envelopes with the objective of creating a feasible set of components in the target vehicle package.
- Able to identify road car under body components, especially Chassis and suspension parts.
- Able to understand their functional requirements and apply this to CAD solutions
- Able to structure and populate Virtual Product Manager database with component geometry, drawings, assemblies and schemes
- Able to guide others in this activity to ensure a compatible product structure.
Catia V5 user (good level, typically 1+ years full time use) for the creation of vehicle components (training available if required). The candidate should have a higher education qualification in Mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Team Centre Engineering usage.
- Enovia VPM usage. Catia V6 usage.
- Experience of the clients product creation processes, methods and systems is an advantage.
- A full degree in mechanical engineering is preferred.