Piping/ Facility Engineer
Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
1 year (renewable)
Our client is the largest LNG producing company in the world.
• Reports to Engineering Lead.
• Coordinates the piping engineering design of the contractor
• Reviews and monitors project piping engineering deliverables, vendor data and design changes.
• Coordinates the piping engineering aspects of the project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule.
• Monitor Contractor’s performance and provide advice as necessary to ensure Company’s design philosophy and specifications are achieved.
• Monitor and review Contractor’s piping fabrication and installation effort and make recommendations to Engineering and Construction Lead.
• Provide timely review of Contractor’s piping designs and deliverables.
• Provides timely and coordinated response to construction contractors’ queries regarding piping and pipeline engineering
• Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities.
• Monitor Contractor’s and vendors’ quality control effort.
• Provide start-up and commissioning support to company.
• Extensive knowledge about offshore Facilities particularly on the subjects of piping, valves, actuators, fittings, heaters, Elevator, Cranes, exchangers, filters, HVAC, vessels, nozzles and tanks, Packaged Equipment .
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of twelve (12) years technical experience in piping discipline, with minimum five (5) years specific involvement in project design, procurement, construction, and start-up for major process facilities, preferably offshore working on behalf of an owner. Brownfield and Offshore Experience essential.
• Experience in overseeing contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major offshore oil and gas facilities, preferably working on behalf of an owner.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a layout engineer responsible for laying out equipment and piping in accordance with internationally recognized standards for a safe, constructible, operable and maintainable facility.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in oil and gas projects in the Middle East
• Familiar with applicable international codes and standards.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering