Our Client is an O&G exploration and production company based in Aberdeen who operate in the North Sea. They have interests in a large number of fields, the majority of which they operate, on the UK Continental Shelf with numerous offshore installations and one onshore terminal.
As part of the Planned Maintenance Shutdown (PMSD) team of excellence, review comment and evaluate leak testing and flange management activities related to planned maintenance shutdown operations, including engineering and modifications associated with the Assets in support of Company's business objectives of producing Hydrocarbons in a safe and cost effective manner.
* To be the PMSD assurance team focal point for all Leak testing and flange management coordination. Critically evaluating the asset strategy during shut downs
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards, and Company procedures
* Review of asset leak testing and flange management documentation.
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, Company standards and procedures
* PMSD focal point for all leak testing and flange management
* Report progress and all issue status to the line and function reporting lines.
* Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered.
* Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology & codes and standards.
* Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel and contractors.
* Serve as technical specialist in all matters relating to Leak Testing and flange management scopes
* Provide direction to the asset process engineers in the conduct of engineering activities to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible operation for all aspects of the shutdown.
* Ensure the quality of engineering deliverables for the Assets are compliant with current and future offshore legislation, agreements, regulatory and company standards affecting Maintenance and Engineering activities, and are consistent with best engineering practice.
* Comply with HSE principles, policies and procedures
* Role model for safe and environmentally responsible behaviors.
* Conduct site visits onshore and offshore as and when required and produce reports in a timely manner.
* Participate in regular performance management dialogues with asset teams.
* Review and comment when necessary on technical documents produced by Vendors, 3rd party contractors and Company's Engineering Contractors.
* Review and comment shutdown leak test work packs prepared by 3rd parties where approriate
* Participate in risk assessment, Root Cause Analysis, safety operation assessments.
* When required review and comment on prestart up audits prior to completion of shutdowns.
* Promote technological innovations that can be economically exploited to improve safety or production performance for Company's facilities.
* Support and assist the UK shutdown manager to deliver the goals set by the Company's leadership team, shareholders and partners
* Review and comment on the asset PMSD resource plans to ensure suitable resources are available to execute the works, in accordance with the agreed plan.
* Input and support to daily and weekly co-ordination meetings.
* Involvement with the management of and input to shutdown planning where required.
* Ensure personnel are competent to perform their work
* Monitor progress and report on performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Perform all task assigned
* Attending and participating in the PMSD gate assurance process
* Leak testing requirements are fully addressed
* Technically evaluate any specialist scopes ( pipe freezing, vac drying, foam inerting, Hydro testing, Refridge Scopes) to ensure thorough optimization
* Optimize leak testing procedures, typically durations during purging & leak testing
* Assist with optimising scope durations in planning phase
* The correct materials and services have been identified and lead times identified.
* verify consumables & materials are available ( Additional Nitrogen & quads during leak testing)
* Identify which procedure require amending and implement
* Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered and addressed
Education Attainment & Accreditation
* A detailed knowledge and understanding of the mechanical equipment and process system design, installation, commission and operational techniques
* HNC or higher in mechanical engineering or related discipline
Professional Skills & Experience
* Demonstrates general management skills, drive and performance delivery focus.
* Experience of Nitrogen Helium and alternative medium Leak Testing
* Experience of all mechanical equipment, utility and process systems for offshore platforms
* Experience of leak test equipment and flange management tools
* A detailed knowledge of industry standards, specifications and best practices
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
* Strong safety awareness
* Strong technical understanding
* Strong team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, on a number of projects covering both Topsides and Subsea workscopes
* Strong networking and communication skills
* An ability to maintain internal and external relations in support of the shutdown activities
* An ability to help and problem solve