Planning & Reporting
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A Leading Energy Technology Company in Asia
• To deliver Finance & Analysis support to the business including the assurance of an appropriate business control framework, management information, business analysis and decision support.
• To contributes to the management and performance of the businesses.
• Provides specialist finance input to strategic and portfolio activities.
• To ensure uniformity and consistency in the application of authority levels, budgeting and accounting procedures in relation to spender and operating expenditure.
• To guide the management and execution of cost management processes, including Capex and Opex controls, planning, budgeting, reporting and cost allocation.
• To ensure adequate systems are available & operational to assist in expenditure budgeting exercise.
• To coordinate the preparation and consolidation of the OPEX and Capex budgets and to provide analysis and interpretation of trends in budgeted vs. actual expenditure.
• To provide accounting support to departments on management accounting matters.
• To contribute towards increasing the finance and leadership competences of Finance Business Team
Planning & Appraisal
Financial performance - Actuals :
• Ensure robustness/integrity of financial data provided by through management review.
• Review the consolidated OPEX & CAPEX monthly S-curve report & facilitate the monthly review among team.
• Variance analysis (opex, capex) (routine analysis):
Ensure pro-active business engagement and alignment on key metrics/drivers, including review of performance with functional/ departmental management team.
Lead the monthly cost engagement sessions and provide insightful inputs and interpretation of trends in budget vs actual with stating Highlight and Lowlight for cost driving.
• Value chain/trend analysis (complex, multidimensional analysis) : Deliver analysis of whole company OPEX & CAPEX by functions, by cost elements.
• Ensure any potential upsets are highlighted in advance with no surprises.
• Early warning on potential budget/ ACV overrun.
• Prepare the Presentation pack for FBF’s presentation to the EBLT: Monthly governance on Budget.
Latest Estimates :
• A structured approach to capturing Latest Estimate numbers submission from the budget holders (OPEX) to be defined including analysis and engagement with business/ line & data challenge during LE exercise.
• Lead the cost challenge sessions with relevant functional business.
• Ensure all LEs deviation from plan is properly approved and measured against the overall ceiling (both for opex and capex).
• Early warning/Red flag to the management specifically to the OPEX.
• Ensure the transparency of LE submissions.
• Highlight opportunities and risks for both economics external & internal factors that impacting to forecasting.
• Accountable for consistent, robust, fit for purpose and timely latest estimate process.
• Create cost awareness and channel cost savings initiatives across the organization by coming up with a game plan to support on achieving the agreed cost optimization target.
• Build up the LE process and get it endorsed.
Annual Budget Exercise & Review
• Co-ordinate CAPEX, OPEX and NRM budgeting cycles and ensure successful integration of the budget cycles with other planning activities within the Company.
• Come up with Planning Schedule and get alignment with Business Planning Team.
• Ensure that adequate standards and procedures on budgeting, expenditure control authorisations and management information are set and adhered to.
• Provide and facilitate Business planning for both OPEX and CAPEX.
• Consolidated power point slides for all EBLT engagements both OPEX & CAPEX.
• Perform analysis and review with FBF on the change of year over year.
• Provide advice to management on all management accounting matters including budgeting, cost control and management information.
• Ensure timely data submission for Board approval process.
• Ensure the approved budget data is posted into SAP system and is also reconciled.
• Ensure accurate reporting and timely recording of VoWs, commitments.
• Ensure the right cost classification and cost allocation.
• Ensure the cost accrual exercise on monthly closing for all FBF/1 team timely and accurately.
• Ensure adequate SAP systems are available & operational to assist in expenditure budgeting exercise.
• Deliver the annual IM structure (budget rollover) in SAP.
• Expertise in XMIT reporting, including creation of bookmarks.
Governance, Business Controls, and Risk assessment:
• Attend and provide commercial assurance for the PAC.
• Summarize PAC pre-reads for discussion with FBF prior to each session.
• Act as custodian of Risk management, adhere to the guidelines and verify compliance in decision-making processes (including large contract control and price exposure management).to ensure that the Finance Controls Manual (FCM) is embedded.
• Provide challenge and transparency of risk/value trade off decisions. Ensure risk/rewards mindset and actions are embedded in the lines.
• Support internal/external audit requirements as appropriate.
• Being Focal Point for FBF team in COC exercise and RSIC or other compliance matter required.
• Manage, develop and resource FBF/1 team.
• Develop clear KPIs based accountabilities for each role in FBF/1 organization.
• Monitor actual performance against agreed GPA.
• Complete the job competency review (JCP) for each staff.
• Close performance gaps through regular feedback and coaching.
• Arrange training to close gaps as per IDP.
• Empower team member individually by letting them propose solution & provide coaching onto daily works.
• Support FBF to enhance the behavior of FBF team on SPEED, COMMIT to DELIVERY.
• Professional qualification Finance/Economics degree, preferably with Master’s Degree in related field.
• ACCA/CIMA or other equivalent qualification is an advantage.
Competence / Required Experience
• 10 years relevant finance and/or commercial finance experience covering all aspects of finance in business functions with emphasis on business analysis and strategic mindset.
• Solid in Analytical skill.
• Good interpersonal, influencing skills and self-motivated Able to work independently and be a self-motivated.
• Experiences as finance function leader of small business is an advantage.
• Strong communication skills in dealing with personnel in a multi-cultural environment.
• Conversant with Personal Computing software and experience with computerised accounting package would be an added advantage.
• Team player, values differences, motivator and able to take total business view and realize impact of decisions and actions for the whole business.
• SAP knowledge is preferable.
• Incumbent is required to demonstrate strong leadership, troubleshoot and establish the management accountant’s role and credibility with its customers within the Company and Finance as a whole.
• Incumbent who is supported by 2 staff will also be expected to be a trainer, coach and mentor to achieve the desired level of performance by the department.