Planning and Reporting Manager
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, our client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
A position has become available for a Planning and Reporting Manager to work with a back-to-back on a major Oil & Gas Project, working on a 28/28 FIFO rotation.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
20% BWI Schedule Stewardship
Provide oversight and schedule stewardship to the BWI Director, and BWI Execution teams specifically Area Project Managers. Work closely with Planning Manager to provide direction and leadership to the Planning and Reporting team on site such that the planning and reporting functions at BWI are fully compliant with Owner processes, procedures, and deliverables meet Owner project requirements.
35% Level 4 Schedule
Develop, maintain and analyse planning metrics, schedule, progress, tangible quantities, productivity, indirect ratio’s and man-hours / forecast. Be intimate with the following activities to ensure Planning at site is being administered to provide the necessary information required to obtain best overall construction performance in a safe and cost effective manner.
• All work schedules (accuracy regarding logic ties and progress status).
• Critical paths and any constraints existing in schedule.
• Manpower requirements against resource loaded schedule, and actual manpower at site.
• Developing recommendations for action to mitigate schedule threats and realise opportunities
• Providing clear forward schedule and performance targets for BWI management and execution teams
5% Workface Planning - Level 5/6
Provide oversight, monitoring and guidance to Implementation contractors to provide effective Workface Planning.
Report out on effectiveness of Workface Planning regularly to BWI Site Execution Team.
Take lead in ensuring consistent Workface Planning application across all contracts.
20% BWI Site Planning and Reporting Strategy
Assist with development of the strategy for Project Planning and Reporting on site and ensure effective and optimised interface with the Perth based planning, reporting and project organization. Provide advice and analysis to the Site Execution Team on weekly status, challenges / opportunities, and direction / focus on all matters pertaining to planning.
20% BWI Planning and Reporting Staffing
Work with Site Execution Team and Gorgon Planning Manager to assist with development of staffing strategies and plans for organization at BWI.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 15+ years experience in construction with emphasis on Planning
• Preferably 10+ years as a Project Controls/Project Services Manager
• Preferably LNG Plant construction and commissioning experience but experience in major construction projects in other industries acceptable
• Excellent contractor management and interface skills
• Competent in use of computer systems and software
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and a keen understanding of construction and commissioning sequencing.
• Excellent communicator and team player with well developed interpersonal relationship and team management skills.
• Proven ability to lead successful teams, drive excellence in execution, and a well developed customer focus