Planning & Scheduling Analyst
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
a major oil and gas operator
The Planning and Scheduling Analyst will be responsible for owning and maintaining an integrated, detailed Primavera master schedule for the SJVBU MCP Team’s major capital projects - MCPs portfolio. The position develops planning tasks, durations, and logic; proactively engages with disciplines and contractors to establish schedules, as well as identify & resolve issues; assists in review and validation of integrated, detailed schedules and generates schedule reports.
Job Knowledge and Project Experience:
• Basic knowledge of the onshore and/or offshore oil & gas industry, with experience in execution of upstream facilities projects. Knowledge and competencies of all phases of MCPs including FEED, Design, and Construction.
• Experience in cost engineering or project management, particularly planning and scheduling.
• Knowledge to facilitate planning sessions for any phase of project life cycle. Knowledge to effectively analyze MCPs plans and schedules to provide assurance of their accuracy.
• Project development - execution planning performed in FEED and Pre-FEED.
• Project execution - participation in execution phase (engineering, design, procurement, fabrication/construction, installation, commissioning) of MCPs, preferably in cost engineering and/or project management roles.
• Experience developing integrated multi-discipline schedules, resource loading and leveling, critical path analysis and optimization. Experience with progress tracking and variance analysis.
• Main work location is at the Operator’s offices in Bakersfield, in open office environment.
• Frequent field trips to construction sites are required. The frequency of trip is subject to job requirements and judgment of supervisor.
• Construction locations are within San Joaquin Valley Midway Sunset, Coalinga and Cymric oil fields.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A four year degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent.
• 3 years minimum (5 years desired) experience in planning/scheduling for upstream and or/Downstream oil and gas major capital projects (project value $75MM or more)
• Strong knowledge and proven experience with the Primavera software planning tool (P.6 version or newer). Experience with spreadsheets and basic computer skills (Excel, Word).
• Demonstrated experience with formal project management systems, principles and associated processes, practices, or tools. Broad knowledge of industry and professional cost engineering trends and best practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of standardized Planning & Scheduling work processes and tools in a MCP environment.
• Able to work in a multi-functional team and contractor environment and facilitate work teams to provide cost and performance data in support of project performance assessment and reporting requirements.