Plant Engineering Supervisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a global leader in end-to-end outsourced engineering, asset management and maintenance services with a diversified end-market exposure across core sectors of rail, transport & technology systems, power, resources, water and defence. As a company they are partners with some of the worlds largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
We are looking for an experienced plant workshop supervisor to join a dynamic and evolving business unit within this leading global engineering firm. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience gained from working in the rail industry. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the core responsibilities of this role will see you lead the site based team and effectively manage, control and coordinate the day-to-day operations to achieve planned yields in accordance with agreed strategies and maintenance schedules.
This is a strategic position within their Perth based business and will require you to have a solid, technical understanding of rail traction-motors, generators, blowers, alternators and associated electrical equipment. As the supervisor you will ensure and maintain a safe, functional and efficient work environment in the plant facility, ensuring that the overhaul and repair of equipment meets budget, schedule and is done to the highest quality standard. The main focus of this role will be to develop and drive operational efficiencies and make continued improvements to the plant facility. This position will provide you with the opportunity to join a growing business, in a leadership position as they embark on an exciting period of growth.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
• Completion of repairs and overhauls, and ensuring that equipment is in good operating condition and ready to meet operational and customer requirements
• Participate and contribute to Root Cause Analysis task groups for significant and chronic equipment problems to avoid recurrence
• Utilise the Quality Management System to the required standards including raising and completing NCR actions
• Participate in tests, calibration and start-up of overhauled machinery upon completion of work
• Review and improve systems, policies and procedures directly related to the operations in the Workshop
• Manage the implementation of approved workshop budget
• Ensure overhaul costs are aligned with targets by managing the efficient use of parts, consumables and labour against budget
• Conduct regular review of required spare parts, consumable materials, special tooling and test equipment
• Confirm through inspection and testing that machinery, tools, and equipment in the Workshop are in safe working order
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a Supervisor in a similar role
• HV switching skills
• 5S and LEAN process experience
• Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously
• Proficient computing skills: MS Word, Excel, SAP, Ipad proficiency is a must due to IT mobility system, email at an intermediate level is a minimum due to the stakeholder engagement involved.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• “A” Grade Australian electrical licence
• Electrical Fitter with HV motor experience
• HV motor overhaul experience
• HV testing and commissioning experience