Texas - Other
• Direct and coordinate all plant operations, production, quality, safety and environmental programs
• Evaluate, implement, and monitor process and operating systems for efficient plant operations
• Work closely with other specialists for quality control/quality assurance of production and shipments
• Develop, schedule, and direct the production and maintenance operations to ensure efficient plant equipment utilization.
• Supervise all employees and coordinate activities of workers engaged in production and maintenance of the plant equipment including 5-7 salary and 85+ hourly employees.
• Inspects jobs in progress and at completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained
• Maintain inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically review inventory for soundness, obsolescence, and availability
• Recommend, plan and implement equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction
• Mine development and planning for a 5MM ton per year mining operation.
• Develop and implement short and long term capitol plans
• Develop and maintain operating/expense budgets for 5MM ton per year quarry and wash plant and 2MM ton per year drying and screening plant.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• BS Degree in Engineering and experience in plant management, mineral processing, and project management, a plus
• At least 5 years of experience in supervisory positions utilizing a combination of technical, managerial, and financial expertise
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of sand processing and the sand industry, preferred
• Thorough knowledge of MSHA/safety and EPA/environmental regulations relative to plant operation and maintenance preferred
• Ability to react quickly to challenges and new processing developments
• Good written and verbal communication
• Self-motivated, hands on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills who can follow written/verbal instruction and meet deadlines with minimal supervision