Plant Quality Manager
Our Client Lear Corporation is a leading global Tier 1 automotive supplier that serves all of the world’s major automakers with content on more than 300 vehicle nameplates worldwide. As one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive seating and electrical power management systems. Our Client provides complete seating systems and components, as well as both traditional and high voltage/high power electronic products and electrical distribution systems and components.
With facilities in 36
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Plant Quality Manager to work in our Trim manufacturing facility in Iasi, Romania. This facility delivers trim seating products serving premium automotive OEM customer groups across Europe and Africa. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager will be entrusted with ensuring that daily quality targets are completed within agreed timeframes and to customer specification standards. There will be a focus on developing current quality tools and continuous improvement as well as planning and organizing the daily performance of the quality area in line with company global strategy.
As Quality Manager your responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to)
• Working directly with our customers and suppliers to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
• Building and motivating a team of approximately 15 individuals within the Quality department.
• Driving and promoting Continuous improvement culture within the organization (Lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma…)
• Management of Quality Documentation for audits
• Developing quality measurements and prevention systems in the production processes.
• Implementation of new production lines.
• Working remotely with internal cross functional teams to achieve targets.
• Establish and follow requirement for TS 16 949
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
University Degree in Engineering or technical subject.
• Strong leadership, team work and problem solving skills.
• 5 + years experience working within a production or manufacturing quality environment (preferably within the automotive industry)
• Additional knowledge of trim or textile manufacturing would be advantageous but not imperative
• 3 years + experience in a Management role within Quality
• Fluency in written and spoken English as well as Romanian Language is essential