PMC Project Controls Manager
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
1. Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Responsible for interfacing with and supporting Project Controls functional groups for assigned Projects under the Program Management Consultancy Contract, executing Faithful and Gould functional responsibilities under the agreed PMC scope of work. Includes co-ordinating and/or performing specific tasks as required to ensure that all Project Controls related work products are prepared and completed in compliance with Client standards and corporate requirements.
2. To ensure Project Controls personnel recruited to assigned Projects under the requirements of the Technical Support Staffing PMC scope of work are competent to perform their duties.
3. To provide functional assurance through guidance and advice in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and systems operating within the Project Controls function to meet standards and requirements.
4. To ensure the Project Controls function is resourced with the correct quantity and quality of resource to support the requirements of all assigned Projects and deliver quality work products to ensure that the assigned Projects are completed within the approved budgets and Project schedules.
5. To provide the necessary business assurance through auditing and monitoring of key performance indicators to ensure the overall quality of project execution for assigned Projects.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
As PMC Project Controls Manager:
1. Participate in the development of Faithful and Gould initiatives and procedures:
i. Participate as part of the Overall PMC Team developing initiatives and applying effective services in support of the management of assigned Projects.
ii. Reviews and assists in the updating of the PMC Procedures and Standards.
2. As required participate and undertake Audits within the assigned Projects.
3. Reviews and endorses all Project costs and schedule forecasts in accordance with the approved Project Controls procedures
4. Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of Project Controls systems, procedures and resources.
5. Development and maintenance of Project estimating processes and applications. Co-ordinates and verifies that all cost and schedule estimates are in accordance with requirements
6. Input to the preparation of SOR’s and estimates. Participates in technical and commercial evaluations of ITTs.
7. Ensure compliance with corporate Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
As Direct Contributor:
8. Participates in the development and implementation of the Project Controls Strategy.
9. Supports Operational Project Controls management and supervision in the provision of Project Controls and the co-ordination of interdependent functions within the Project Controls group.
10. Interfaces with assigned s Projects and IPMT teams, contractors, Engineering and onsite Construction organizations and others as necessary to ensure the effective management and delivery of Project Controls function.
11. Works with Project Controls team and others to identify budget allocation for all elements of the work.
12. Interrogates progress and cost reports ensuring accuracy of data.
13. Ensures that all reporting schedules are developed and agreed, and all reporting is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner in accordance with the approved procedures.
14. Co-ordinates the weekly man-hour recording process.
15. Participates in risk assessment activities.
16. Contributes to the continuous improvement process.
17. Ensures compliance with Project KPI’s.
18. Verifies the monthly reports and correlates inputs from disciplines.
19. Reviews and verifies the change control process and correspondence files.
20. Monitors progress of Project Risks – Priority 1 & 2
21. Develops and maintains cost reconciliation for, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning management.
22. Participates in the development of contract amendments.
23. Provides input into assigned Projects and IPMT team forums, discussion groups, new initiatives etc. as required.
3. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. Functional management
2. Assigned Projects and IPMT Project Managers, Project Support Manager, Commercial Team Lead
3. PMC Management Team
4. FEED and EPC Contractors’ Project Controls and Project Management personnel.
5. regional management.
4. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
1. Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
2. Able to make decisions and solve problems related to his specific discipline/field.
3. Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
4. Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
5. Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
5. Minimum Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Science Based/Project Controls related Subject Matter.
2. Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
3. Minimum five years experience in a similar position.
4. Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
5. Good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Cultural awareness.
7. Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems.
8. Competence and ability to lead a team of discipline engineers and provide engineering support.
9. Experience with contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major oil and gas facilities.