Powertrain Calibration CAE Engineer - 48655
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a large Automotive and Commercial Vehicle OEM, with a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering on a contract basis. These opportunities are typically based in their research and development facility located in Dunton which is the largest automotive technical centre in the United Kingdom.
Powertrain Calibration CAE Engineer
- Provide Calibration CAE Engineer support to the Ford of Europe Powertrain Calibration
- Calibration CAE & Optimisation Methods Team. Lead the delivery of a new project on real-time modelling for Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) applications with Dymola based libraries. Tasks:
- Lead the development of new engine plant models for HIL applications within Dymola / Simulink environments. Lead development, documentation, deployment and continuous improvement including lessons learned of Calibration CAE best practices for process, methods and tools. Support the project leader in the overall project management and delivery including quarterly reviews, presentations and reports. Lead process initiatives to exploit powertrain calibration development and validation efficiencies to reduce vehicle development time through increased use of HIL and CAE based calibration and automation where possible. Provide training support to Calibration development engineers, HIL development engineers and Calibration Technical Experts.
- Detailed knowledge of Dymola modelling including new library development.
- Detailed knowledge of Modelica language.
- Detailed understanding of engineering thermodynamics and internal combustion engines.
- Experience with processing data and modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Self-motivated with excellent team and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results and deliver a project on their own without extensive support.
- Project and time management.
- Ability to produce reports and presentations appropriate for review up to Chief Engineer.
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office tools.
- Detailed knowledge of Simulink / Stateflow.
- Real-time modelling in the context of Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) simulation.
- Understanding of the complete HIL development process.
- Detailed knowledge of automation scripting via programming capabilities in MS Excel and Python.
- Detailed understanding of closed and open loop control systems.
- Detailed understanding of embedded control systems and powertrain control module (PCM).
Graduate engineer with at least 6-months engineering related work experience aligned to education requirements listed.
- dSPACE real-time systems / HIL experience.
- Automotive / Powertrain experience.
Maths, Science or Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering degree required. M.Sc. preferred. Ph.D. beneficial..