Powertrain PAT Leader - 30052
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Performance, Economy & Driveability Attribute Leader A Performance, Economy and Driveability (PED) Programme Attribute Team (PAT) leader is responsible for the delivery of Product Efficiency (Fuel Economy/CO2) and Acceleration Performance Feel & Driveability (PF&D) Attributes and their Features for a given vehicle architecture, programme and model year. A PED PAT leader’s scope of work spans the entire development process and includes activities such as target definition, competitor benchmark analysis, management of attribute inputs and trades, vehicle development and sign off to brand DNA and successful certification of product efficiency targets. Reporting Structure: The PED PAT Leaders report directly into the Architecture PED PAT Group Leader. Accountabilities:
• Target setting, taking into account competitive positioning and futuring, market specific requirements, compliance landscape and marketing `total cost of ownership’.
• Creating new & developing existing processes / work instructions / customer requirements to drive departmental efficiency and delivery capability
• Understanding of quality issues, customer satisfaction and future trends to influence and enhance customer experiences
• Continually monitoring the competitive horizon and identifying opportunities for gap closure through benchmarking
• Advising the business on vehicle content required to deliver targets influencing technologies deployed and attribute trades
• Generating robust target cascades to the various areas of the business that have an influence on PED deliverables and working cross-functionally to ensure agreement and delivery using PED PAT Meetings and escalation forums
• Administering and supporting vehicle level testing at both virtual and physical property level including but not limited to FE testing on test beds, PF&D testing on track and sign off drives
• Gateway reporting of PED attribute status & maintaining PED metric tracking and documentation
This is a high profile role which involves complex project management and significant exposure to senior management across product development, but also requires technical leadership, some hands-on vehicle testing and data analysis. You will be instrumental in decisions that shape and form the future DNA of our product. The successful candidate should be comfortable working with ambiguity, managing diverse stakeholders and operating under fluid and tight deadlines. The role requires an individual who is particularly proactive, comfortable rallying large teams / interest groups and adept at `selling’ ideas. You will actively ensure that the wider business and other attribute teams are fully engaged and aligned with the instruction of our clients board to achieve `Amongst-the-Leaders’ in Product Efficiency.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1) Working knowledge of Fuel Economy/CO2 and Acceleration Performance Feel & Driveability.
2) Project Management Skills
3) Communication and Presentation Skills
- Engineering background (Degree or equivalent)
- Experience in data processing, manipulation and graphical presentation, with a willingness to develop these skills
- Experience in project / programme management
- An interest and awareness of our clients competitive environment, particularly in relation to the Performance and Economy Attributes
- Experience in presenting data and information clearly in large forums
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role with another OEM
- Knowledge of Electrified vehicle performance planning (BEV, PHEV, MHEV)