Principal Consultant (Machinery)
Oil & Gas
UK - Other
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a global company that specialise in Inspection, testing and certification.
Working within the group consultancy team and supporting the Business Manager in delivering a subject matter expertise consultancy within the Machinery discipline.
Operating within agreed authority and according to the technical philosophy and strategies, provide technical excellence to the business and be the source of knowledge for both the business and its clients.
* Provide services to fee paying and internal customers in the designated fields of expertise and maintain technical and administrative control of commercial contracts to ensure optimum efficiency and profitability.
* Proactively work in line with the Core Values and Code of Ethics and effective implementation of the ETS Vision.
* Delivery against key personal and divisional KPI’s.
* Develop and provide innovative solutions to consultancy processes thus differentiating the client in the market place.
* Proactively implement the technical standards & service levels
* Provide the highest level of technical expertise within a designated discipline, ensuring that the technical philosophy and strategies are understood and adhered to throughout the business unit.
* Keep up to date with developments in standards and legislation affecting their technical discipline and supporting change as required.
* Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of IS systems, ETS requirements and Q&S module.
* Provide engineering technical input into external trade associations, technical committees and statutory bodies.
* Analyse Management Information, including the identification of machinery Inspection defect trends and use information to support decisions and planning inputs.
* Act as the most senior point of referral for technical issues outside the authority of Engineer Surveyor personnel or where guidance or support is required.
* Coach and develop team members and field staff in technical issues, ensuring technical knowledge is maintained and developed through training both on and off the job in order to grow the capability of the business.
HNC/ NVQ equivalent
Min Incorporated Engineer or comparable.
Member of a Professional Engineering Institute.
*The qualifying relevant field experience would include activities regulated or controlled by a recognised professional body or organisation e.g. NICIEC, HM Forces, approved apprentice scheme etc.