Principal Protection Engineer
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
• Design authority for medium to high complexity projects for PGGA Protection team. Coordinate engineering assignments across several projects within the entire value chain efficiently, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specification, quality standards and safety requirements.
• Acts as technical lead on projects, approves design deliverables and reviews all project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Anticipates and solves unprecedented problems, crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
• Serves as a specialist in the application of advanced concepts and methods for both protection and testing.
• To provide technical support for PGGA Protection products within the target delivery markets.
• To proactively engage with the National Grid Type Registration Forum and customer stakeholders on behalf of the PGGA Protection Team.
• To provide value added training opportunities for customers and PGGA engineering teams as required.
• To provide technical support to other PGGA Protection Team members as required; using coaching and mentoring techniques.
• Assists in preparing tender proposals and claims, including bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, programs etc.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Preferred Power Systems engineering related education or the equivalent (HNC minimum qualification)
• Membership (or working towards membership) of relevant professional body eg. IET
• Strong design capability and experience in the engineering discipline of Power System.
• Proven Protection Settings and Application design experience (i.e. National Grid TP141 authorisation)
• Strong coordination skills.
• High Technical experience required.
• Excellent communication skills with both internal and external teams and customers.
• Driving License
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience within the Electricity Supply Industry
• Proven Teamwork and Collaboration skills