Power & Energy
Our client is a nuclear specialist, covering both civilian and defence sectors, across the complete lifecycle from New Build, through Operations and Maintenance, to final decommissioning and waste disposal.
The Process Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership within discipline. The Process Engineer can be responsible for delivering a package of work within a project within their discipline. Frequent liaison with other disciplines in the design team and the client would be expected. Process engineers are the main interface between senior management and hands-on design.
Position in organisation and key relationships
• Reports to Senior Engineer as line manager. Reports to Nominated Engineer or Project Manager on project deliverables.
• Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff, although the team may be supplemented by staff from elsewhere.
• Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work carried out within the project.
• May be responsible for managing project subcontracts.
• Interacts with engineers of other engineering disciplines internally and externally.
• Supervises support staff.
Scope of job
• Design and Commissioning.
• Technical Consultancy.
• Project Management including quality, progress and cost control including documentation.
• Sales Support and Customer care.
• Manage Contractors and Sub Contractors.
• Manage Health, Safety and Environment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant Chemical/Process engineering discipline (Level 12 based on CPGN0204C).
• MIChemE or working towards gaining IChemE membership.