Our Client is an O&G exploration and production company based in Aberdeen who operate in the North Sea. They have interests in a large number of fields, the majority of which they operate, on the UK Continental Shelf with numerous offshore installations and one onshore terminal.
As part of the (Planned Maintenance Shutdown) PMSD team of excellence, Carry out Process engineering activities related to planned maintenance shutdowns Operations, Engineering and Modifications associated with the Assets in support of Company's business objectives of producing Hydrocarbons in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Provide process engineering support and challenge to ensure the assets shutdown scopes of work are thoroughly optimized and achievable.
* Provide direction to the asset process engineers in the conduct of engineering activities to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible operation for all aspects of the shutdown.
* Ensure the quality of engineering deliverables for the Assets are compliant with current and future offshore legislation, agreements, regulatory and company standards affecting Maintenance and Engineering activities, and are consistent with best engineering practice.
* Comply with HSE principles, policies and procedures
* Role model for safe and environmentally responsible behaviors.
* Conduct site visits onshore and offshore as and when required and produce reports in a timely manner.
* Participate in regular performance management dialogues with asset Operations Manager.
* Review and comment when necessary on technical documents produced by Vendors, 3rd party contractors and Company's Engineering Contractors.
* Review and comment to Technical Queries as required.
* Review and comment shutdown leak test work packs prepared by 3rd parties.
* Review and comment of Technical Queries Participate with Site Operation Team to develop proposals to overcome deficiencies in existing process plan design.
* Participate in risk assessment, Root Cause Analysis, safety operation assessments.
* When required review and comment on prestart up audits prior to completion of shutdowns.
* Promote technological innovations that can be economically exploited to improve safety or production performance for Company's facilities.
* Provide Process design, analysis and solutions to enable the safe and efficient implementation of modifications within the PMSD targets, and assist in the preparation of project / operational work plans
* Support and assist the UK shutdown manager to deliver the goals set by the Company's leadership team, shareholders and partners
* Review and comment on the asset PMSD resource plans to ensure suitable resources are available to execute the works, in accordance with the agreed plan.
* Input and support to daily and weekly co-ordination meetings.
* Involvement with the management of and input to shutdown planning where required.
* Ensure personnel are competent to perform their work
* Monitor progress and report on performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Perform all task assigned.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
* Degree qualified in a Chemical / Process engineering discipline, preferably chartered
Professional Skills & Experience
* Extensive, design engineering and operations experience within the oil and gas industry
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
* Strong safety awareness
* Drive and performance delivery focus
* Strong technical understanding
* Demonstrates adherence to Company values