An international Oil & Gas Operator
Candidate shall report to Facility Engineering Manager and will be an integral member of a multi-discipline Operations support Engineering Department.
Candidate's responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical support, as necessary, to all Project Departments, including; Operations, Maintenance, Projects (Brownfield and Greenfield Development Projects), and Construction on all aspects of process and process safety engineering.
- Work closely with optimisation and production teams to identify debottlenecking opportunities and constraints, initiating debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Execute various MOC based operational based work scopes
- Participate in various process safety reviews. Working closely with operations personnel (eg Operations Manager, Ops advisors, Site Engineers and HSE personnel) to define and lead where necessary on the following key aspects of process safety:
o Operational Risk Assessment
o Pre start up safety review (PSSR)
- Provide technical input to Project management of change process. Carry out Site Surveys, prepare of Basis of Design, SOR's, specifications, etc for inhouse and third party engineered modifications.
- Review and approve as necessary, third party engineering deliverables
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified, risk assessed and plans are put in place to mitigate risks
Provide support as necessary to activity planning and progress reporting
Develop process eng related documents such as:
o Process basis of design
o HAZID's/HAZOP's/Hazardous Area Classification
Represent Project on technical issues associated with 3rd party organisations such as key vendors, national authorities, and regulatory bodies where necessary.
Process & HSE inputs to support Project performance contract including safety audits, Isolation Audits, Safety Observations, Risk assessments, incident investigations etc.
Development of PFDs/PIDS/C&E, operating philosophy. Experience in conceptual & FEED studies incl. production enhancements on Brownfield assets. Proficiency in safety related calculations, relief studies, blowdown Execute overpressure protection reviews and related calculations to international codes and standards.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- The applicant must have a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in chemical process engineering, including the design and operation of processing systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 5 years working in an international oil and gas operational, in a brownfield ops support role
- Candidate to demonstrate experience of key engineering process simulation and modelling tools (HYSYS, PIPESIM, Flarenet etc.), including understanding and selection of optimum modelling criteria
- Experience of risk management processes associated with process safety including but not limited to: HAZID/HAZOP, inherently safer design, fire and blast management, etc
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API,ASME,ISO)
- Candidate to demonstrate strong coaching skills developed in multi-national projects with diverse nationalities and cultures.
- Engineering degree
- Experience working in a remote onshore location
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.