Our client is based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, they are currently building an integrated oil refining and petrochemical operation by way of upgrading their oil refinery and constructing a new petrochemical complex. This joint venture has been in place since August 2005 when the project was established. This is an opportunity to work for and with one of the worlds leading oil companies in one of their major downstream projects.
* Develop the department's strategic plan.
* Direct the development of Processes / Procedures & Roles / Responsibility as well as Work flow / conflict settlement as and where required and monitor the executions to achieve smooth operation of the technical support services.
* Oversee and manage all critical technical support activities and day to day operation on major plant issues with timely and proper resolutions under agreed priorities including direct or lead as and where required on very critical technical issues decision / investigations.
* Coordinate and handle critical issue communications at pear and higher level and lead the department key persons with proper communication to work as a team for facing plant issues/challenges.
* Plan staffing requirements for the department, conduct performance reviews of subordinates and develop and execute staff development program.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelors / Masters Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent with Strong years of experience in the refinery or petrochemical fields in a progressively responsible technical and management positions.
* Strong hardware integrity and reliability management knowledge / experience in mechanical integrity, Electrical, and instrument & control as well process safety management are essential.
* Good knowledge of mechanical equipment / instrument & control design and selection.
* Sound knowledge in facility deficiency investigation / recommendation generations and long term strategic planning capability.
* Excellent leadership and problem solving skills