Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Responsible for developing, coaching, mentoring and supervising process engineers. Provide support for production, operational analysis and technology improvements. Develop process engineering and design expertise.
1. Provide process support to pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities, normal operation, and shut-down ensuring that required lessons learned from previous start-ups, best practices, standards and specifications are incorporated
2. Provide leadership and strategic support in development, management and close-out of the Operational Readiness Plan.
3. Ensure proper assignment and deliver of projects and feasibility studies according to business needs and resource capabilities.
4. Work closely with all related functional leadership to achieve successful Operational Readiness, coordinate procedures' creation, training, and record keeping requirements.
5. Work closely with the M&E Directors and Operations Managers to review project status and studies assigned to ensure effective engagement of assigned engineers and specialists according to priorities and workload.
6. Develop and lead tracking and reporting of the asset capability metrics and identify, evaluate and initiate opportunities to improve asset utilization, yield, uptime, material balance, catalyst performance and other factors that contribute to Asset Capability.
7. Update standards and work processes for effective process design deliverables.
8. Develop Technology and Process Data, including Simulation models, Optimization Studies, Off-line Process Optimization, Material Balances and Catalyst Performance.
9. Troubleshooting and Process Design of separations columns, exchangers (thermal design), other process equipment and Instruments.
10. Review, update and prepare safety relief systems to protect equipment and piping and maintain/develop PFDs and P&IDs.
11. Coordinate with third party technical/consulting organizations to resolve complex technical problems and obtain special studies and services.
12. Develop technical packages for capital and small Improvement projects and manage process engineering technical data.
13. Work with other functions and departments to establish plans and accountability based on the goals; coordinate required support from the parent companies and/or licensors related to proprietary licensed technologies.
14. Support studies/activities related to process safety and environment and operations in design, major process upset investigations and optimization.
15. Work with functional leadership teams and individual departments to establish vision, key elements, annual goals /plans and accountability, and achieve the assigned goals.
16. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
1. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by Unit staff.
2. Conduct performance evaluation reviews for direct reports, identify and ensure they acquire the required managerial or functional skills and knowledge.
3. Ensure all tasks and activities are performed in accordance with Sadara's policies and procedures.
4. Assess the current skill set of employees and identify the need for development programs.
5. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering.
* Experience in a supervisory position is required (including lead PE roles on large capital projects).
* Understanding of Aspen process simulation models and Hydraulic analysis.
* Understanding of process design of columns, thermal design of exchangers in HTRI/HTFS, and process design of other process equipment and Instruments.
* Must have experience in either of the following fields; Plastics, Isocyanates or Chemical.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.