Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
1. Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Provide leadership, supervision, and coordination to Procurement staff.
2. Coordinate and supervise the procurement aspects of the Projects to ensure that objectives are met within the approved Project scope, budget, and schedule.
3. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely reviews of Procurement related deliverables developed by engineering consultants/contractors.
4. Closely interface with Company departments, co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve Procurement issues.
5. Develops and approves Procurement procedures for assigned Projects, monitors cost control budgets, monitors progress on purchase orders, tracks actual expenditures and develops forecasts.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s Procurement activities.
2. Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
3. Coordinate the required Procurement participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models. Contribute Procurement input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize equipment design.
4. Coordinate the Procurement guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
5. Provide Procurement input and expertise to engineering discipline engineers.
6. Coordinate Procurement reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
7. Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers for their effective integration.
3. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. Report directly to Design Coordinator, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the Projects Management Team organization.
2. Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
3. Interface regularly with Contractor’s Engineering and Project Management team and Team Leaders as and when required.
4. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
1. Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Procurement related activities.
2. Sponsor of Procurement reviews and studies and also responsible for ensuring Procurement reviews and studies receive the appropriate Procurement related input.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
5. Minimum Requirements:
1. Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Procurement and associated activities.
3. 5 years Owner’s experience with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMT organizations.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent technical team and interpersonal skills.
6. Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
7. Knowledge of Procurement computer programs and general business software.
8. Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems.
9. Competence and ability to lead a team of Procurement specialists and provide Procurement support.
10. Experience with contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major oil and gas facilities.
11. Analytical and Negotiating skills to determine the best deals for th