Oil & Gas
12 months renewable
This vacancy has now expired.
major oil and gas operator
The main function of procurement specialist is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. The Procurement specialist is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization. A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
• Review and potentially optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
• Approve purchases of the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
• Approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Instruct staff on how to resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Instruct staff on methods of negotiation, renegotiation and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
• Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
• Manage just-in-time inventory.
• Attend trade shows.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
• Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Ability to evaluate suppliers.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
• Knowledge of supply chain management.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required.
• 5-7 years finance related experience required.
• Oil and gas experience preferred