Product Engineer (Single Cylinder Compression)
on-going/ long term
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client specialises in the design and manufacture of Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems.
Experience with CAD / NX and has experience working / designing Internal Combustion Engines
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering design solutions to Daimler AG’s Single Cylinder research engine team. Working within the Automotive Engineering group you will be the primary contact between Daimler’s single cylinder team and HPP, liaising with the customer to appraise and priorities the directed tasks. This role will provide significant scope for developing technical capability as well as the opportunity to broaden project engineering skills.
Role Specific Accountabilities
• Delivering world class engineering solutions of the highest quality to meet the requirements of Daimler AG’S single Cylinder research engine teams.
• Creation of robust and versatile models to demonstrate concepts
• Deliver designs and drawings to the supply chain in a timely manner
• Agree tasks and work packages directly with the external customer
• Managing of material budget assigned by customer
• Regular communication of status to the customer
• Building working relationships with internal and external departments
• Championing best practise and development of new processes
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• High grade degree in a relevant engineering subject.
• In depth knowledge of internal combustion engine design
• All round knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and systems
• Previous experience of technical prioritisation within a given area of responsibility
• Ability to use the CAD software for solid modelling (preferably NX although training could be provided)
• Ability to read and create engineering drawings
• PC literate including MS office products
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
• Drives innovation, change and continuous improvement
• Executes decisions and delivers results
• Challenges and develops people to top performers
• Creative with a keen eye for engineering detail
• Demonstrates undisputed will to succeed
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of complex engine assembly design e.g cylinder head.
• Ability to use static and dynamic analysis packages
• Knowledge of powertrain components
• Ability to supervise others
• Experience in a customer facing technical environment
• Experience in working within automotive road car programmes
• Previous experience in a “customer facing” technical environment
• Experience working within automotive road car programmes
• German Language skills.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact Stephen Robinson at Fircroft on + 1925 281 639