Professional Services Consultant – Routing
This vacancy has now expired.
Work in a consultative manner with customers, sales, customer services and systems engineering to scope and deliver Professional Service projects. Typical tasks & duties will include:
• Run requirements and scoping workshops with the customer, delivery partners and sales.
• Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce design, validation, and migrations plan
• Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans
• Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security and provide recommendations to customers about improvements to network configurations and topologies to prevent problems before they occur.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Juniper Networks product line
• Work with the internal Juniper Networks technical teams for placement of products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Work closely with colleagues and customer’s personnel to help test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
• Support networks in early stages of deployment
• Formulate network management strategies
• Ensure that PS aspects of engagement follow engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the appropriate Project or Program Manager
• Act as a Professional Services project leader on larger projects, coordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
• Provide appropriate training (Knowledge Transfer workshops) to Juniper Networks partners and customers.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer's technical management and teams.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10+ years experience in the telecommunications industry
• BS in Engineering/IT
• Strong JUNOS skills and deep understanding of MX/T/M/EX series architectures
• Strong Network Designs for Service Provider background (with references)
• Very strong knowledge of the design principles and operations in customer networks.
• Extensive experience in a technical role including strong experience supporting large networks
• Strong knowledge of IP-related protocols such as IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, RSVP (-TE), LDP, TCP/IP.
• Strong knowledge of IPv6 standards/protocols
• Experience in deploying communications products in a customer environment
• Experience in working with international companies
• Effective consultancy, planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
• Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Readiness to travel i