Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
1. Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Responsible for all project management aspects for the Project, including:
a. Reviewing the overall project portfolio.
b. Developing and reviewing resource plans.
c. The selection vetting and proposal of new candidates.
d. The development and approval of project specific processes and procedures.
e. Agreeing KPI’s for the Project.
f. Reporting to Project performance and measurement against agreed KPI’s.
g. Participation in project Steering Committee meetings.
h. Review and initiation of quality plans, remedying non-conformance items.
2. Participation in Program design basis meetings.
3. As required facilitation of Program/Project:
a. Class of Plant Quality Workshops
b. Design Basis Workshops
c. Risk Identification Workshops
d. Value Engineering Workshops
e. Management of Change Workshops
f. Lessons Learned Workshops
4. To ensure the personnel are competent to perform their duties relating to the scope of work as identified in the contract.
5. To provide technical opinion, and advice related to short falls, recovery plans, minimizing potential risks and monitoring the project progress alongside the PMT.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Ensuring the PM contract is managed and delivered to project technical standards.
2. Ensuring the PMC contract is managed and delivered to project technical satisfaction.
3. To provide the overall management of the PMS ensuring compliance with the Quality Management Programme, HSE Plan, and Project Execution Plan for the Assigned Projects.
4. Functional management ensuring systems are in place to manage holidays, expenses, and training and performance evaluation through the PDR Procedure.
5. Reputation management ensuring the projects are recognised as a competent and professional organisation with the resources and systems to effectively provide Project Management Services for the client.
6. Select all temporary and permanent appointments for projects personnel.
7. Understand contract obligations and ensure that all projects staff are all aware of their obligations under the Contract, company standards and as required by law.
8. Participate in key reviews and meetings as required.
9. Lead and participate in weekly assigned program meetings.
10. Develop a good team spirit within PMT personnel and encourage team working with the GES+ Contractors.
11. Provide input into PMT team forums, discussion groups, new initiatives etc. as required.
12. Participate in the development of initiatives and procedures:
a. Lead the overall PMS Team developing Management of Change Plan for the Program.
b. Regularly review and assist in the updating of the PMS Procedures and Standards.
c. Develop PMS project KPI’s on performance and deliver against them.
13. Manage the issue of progress and information reports as required by the contract. Receive and distribute to project team all relevant communications with adequate guidance where action by others is required
14. Manage compliance with the Project Specifications, safety regulations, and that work is in accordance with appropriate standards of quality.
3. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. PMS Key Personnel.
2. Project Engineering group
3. GES+ Project Engineering groups
4. PMT Project Managers and Project Engineers
5. Al Khobar management team.
6. regional management team.
4. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
1. Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
2. Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
3. Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
4. Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
5. Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
5. Minimum Requirements:
1. B.Sc. Project Management or Equivalent.
2. Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
3. Minimum ten years’ experience in the oil & gas industry.
4. Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management role.
5. Minimum fifteen years’ experience.
6. Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
7. Good written and verbal communication skills.
8. Cultural awareness.