major oil and gas operator
This position is responsible for assisting Project Teams with the development and maintenance of integrated project schedules. This includes developing overall project schedule; establishing schedule basis and documenting; reviewing and validating contractor schedules; integrating contractor schedules into overall project schedule; creating various schedule reports; and assisting Project Teams with progress measurement and forecasting.
This position is also responsible for assisting Project Teams with the development and maintenance of cost control systems and procedures to track and report project budgets, commitments, expenditures, and forecasts. This includes the development of project cost estimates, gathering and reporting actual project expenditures; analyzing and reporting project costs; and assisting in the creation of various monthly progress reports.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is preferred.
* 5 - 8+ years experience in planning, scheduling, and cost control is required.
* Excellent communication skills, analytical ability and drive for results are also required.
* Experience Gulf of Mexico projects preferred
* Experience working with oil and gas operators preferred
* Additional requirements include a strong working knowledge of project management principles; cost estimation methods and principles
* proficiency with Primavera P6, Microsoft Office, and other Cost Management systems.
* The ability to work effectively within a team environment and across department and functional lines is essential.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.