Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Providing daily, weekly and monthly project status reports(client and internal)
* Development and updating of project timeline(Primavera)
* Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
* Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
* Developing project specific construction progress/productivity reports
* Identifying activities that will cause the project to slip in terms of time and assisting Construction staff to prepare recovery plans.
* Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors' schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
* Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the Project's Contractual Obligations
* Ensuring all Project reporting/controls requirements of the Contract are fully implemented.
* Physical site verification of actual progress(minimum weekly)
* Management of subordinates(planners)
* Timely reporting to Head office relating to data/information
* Work closely with the Project Manager, Commercial manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of the project.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering, preferably with PMI Certification(Project Management Institute)
* Advanced level Primavera software knowledge (expert user)
* Minimum 10 years post qualification experience
* Must have had experience in working for BOTH operator and contractor companies
* Must have 5 years + experience as Project Controls Manager or Planning Manager in an oil/gas sector project
* Kazakhstan experience would be beneficiary
* Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
* An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
* Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
* Language requirements-fluent English(Russian language would be an added advantage)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.