Project Director(Civils Background)
Oil & Gas
Our client is a leading EPC contractor based in the Middle East. Due to recent expansion, they are current looking to recruit a Project Director for their project in Ethiopia with strong experience in Project Controls of Civil/Infrastructure projects.
Total Job responsibilities of handling projects of USD 100 million includes,
1) Project Planning & Management
2) Overall project management of construction projects including planning, scheduling, and execution of projects
3) Project scheduling including material & manpower planning
4) Monitoring of site construction activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximise the output.
5) Evaluate project progress
6) Compliance with quality assurance plans. Coordinating with materials department to ensure seamless operations.
7) Periodic review & monitoring of the project for end user clients to ensure completion of project within the scheduled time and cost parameters
8) Identification of risks well ahead and preparation of mitigation plan
9) Contract Administration & Management: Understanding all the contract clauses and their impact on the progress and project revenues
10) Interpretation of contractual obligations & rights and evaluation of Technical/Financial problems
11) Site & Construction Management Resource Planning
12) Estimating project estimate after considering wide spectrum aspects such as quantum of project outlay involved, existing capacity levels in terms of manpower, machinery, and technology, scope of enhancing the resources, and accordingly deciding the future course of action.
13) Supervision of a team of engineers for various types of job and resolving bottlenecks
14) Strong Knowledge of HSE norms & implementation
15) Liaison with local authorities for clearances and approvals
16) Guiding site staff and members to address and resolve performance bottlenecks
17) Addressing training needs of site staff to enhance skills & productivity
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1) Degree in Civil Engineering is essential
2) Site execution experience of atleast 5 years
3) Experience in infrastructure/road projects is essential
4) 15 - 20 years experience overall
5) Strong experience in Project Controls is essential
6) Should have handled projects in excess of USD 30million