Oil & Gas
Reporting to the Operations Director and responsible for execution of a multi-million pound turnkey project by directing an Integrated Project Team, covering project management, planning, design, engineering, electrical, HVAC, material requisitioning, control of variations and project profitability.
• To effectively manage the ITP (Integrated Project Team) ensuring there are sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver the project to budget and time.
• Close Liaison with the Business Development Director on project hand over from Sales to fully understand the contractual and delivery requirements for meeting client expectations and the determination of required internal resources.
• Close liaison with the Senior Manager - Systems Integration and the Operations Manager to impart the project build strategy and sequence of the flow of information required to meet project requirements.
• This is a Senior position in the company.
• Chair daily, weekly and monthly internal project reviews as required by the Operations Director/Finance Director.
• Accompany the IPT Project Manager and support in client progress reviews or resolution of contractual issues.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with clients commensurate with resolving change orders and maintaining dialogue to reach prompt agreement on disputes.
• Advise the Operations Director, in a timely manner, of any major potential technical or scope changes to the client’s contractual specifications that could have an adverse impact on the company performance.
• Attend the monthly contract reviews with your manager(s) to report on the commercial performance of the project versus bid explaining any variances in costs, in advance, arising from internal and client changes.
• Liaison with Finance Department to update the forecast in preparation for the contract reviews.
• Perform annual PDR’s with your staff and quarterly discussions on performance.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience required for role:
• Qualified to degree level
• An expert in the field of Project and Contract Management
• Excellent communicator and team builder