Project Engineer - 30484
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
This opportunity is a for a role within the Base Engine Programme Management team which is responsible for delivering New Engine Programmes (Unit) and Model Year upgrades across all platforms. The primary role of the team is to deliver a range of class leading engines on time, on budget and to the required levels of quality, whilst ensuring that the attribute targets for fuel economy, performance, NVH, and cost are achieved.
A challenging and exciting role that will enable successful candidates to see an engine programme from Concept through to Production. Interfacing with the Powertrain and Vehicle Programme teams and ensuring that key interface deliverables are achieved is also a fundamental part of the role Reporting to the relevant Engines Programme Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Support the management of Base Engine's programme health status using key programme metrics (e.g. PCDS Process, Integrator, design releases, and SM Trackers)
- Support the management and resolution of the Base Engine and cross functional AIMs.
- Support the management of Base Engine's input to weekly Programme meetings such as Program Steering Team, Integration Team, PACN meetings, Cost Risk & Opportunity meetings etc.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1) Computer literate especially MS Excel
2) Basic engine engineering understanding
3) Can quickly build, and maintain, strong relationships across functions.
- Have a current working knowledge of Powertrain system, Product Development processes and gateway principles are essential, in order to support the review and approval of feasible product actions, to ensure robust implementation and compatibility with downstream systems through to production.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to support the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment with the ability to interface directly to the Powertrain and Vehicle program teams and represent the Base Engine Department.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, self confidence and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Experience of programme or project management, meeting demanding timescales, and cost effective delivery essential.
- The role will require regular inter-site travel therefore, it is expected that candidates will hold a valid UK Drivers licence.
- Experience of a similar Project Management role within a PD Engineering environment (or similar). A proven track record in communicating with customers and suppliers in a professional manner; able to negotiate satisfactory solutions to issues.
- Experience of managing data and information. Analysing data and drawing appropriate conclusions. (Primarily Excel based).
- Preferably qualified to degree level, (other higher educational qualifications will be considered depending on other skills and experience offered.)
- Good understanding of the product delivery process.
- Familiarity with key IT systems ( AIMS, GPIRS, WERS, SAP) will also be beneficial.