Project Engineer - 30846
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
This role is responsible for programme transactions within the Platform Engineering Team. The individual will be responsible for meeting all defined targets and attributes (technical and commercial ¿ on cost, quality and time) and for the execution of engineering / module related deliverables on programmes.
- They will also be accountable for reporting on status at relevant gateways.
- Provides a single point of contact per platform for SVO Engineering to enable face off to SVO Programme team, NML, VLDs, CPEs etc, to enable the facilitation of SVO features and lowest cost and highest quality.
- Support SVO Engineering launch support and support NML as required. Lead the Engineering delivery on all SVO projects on a specific Platform, liaising with the functional managers, Lead SVO Engineering PDL responses, liaise/ negotiate with core on ownership, develop tech feas (with APC) , drive design feas ( DPAT ) , co-ordinate project resources. (see below for additional responsablities) ".
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Previous experience within Engineering or programme planning departments
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience of stakeholder management
3. Strong working knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes
Relevant Degree, or substantial relevant experience
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment
- Strong project management experience
- Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery System (or similar process)"
Additional responsibilities of Role:
- Support core project DPAT, VIT, PST, VLBR as required to ensure SVO interests are covered and issues resolved.
- Drive/ Support Engineering team on delivery, timing, cost, AIMs, concerns, quality, RMDV, etc.
- Drive SVO innovation projects into delivery, on a specific platform.
- Drive SVO Engineering process improvement, and platform strategy
- Drive the programme virtual series progression and Optical Quality process