Project Engineer - Body - 31031
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Plant based Project Engineer responsible for the resolution of Body Engineering customer concerns as prioritised through the Quality Operating Systems. Delivery is achieved by identifying and implementing containment, root cause and permanent corrective action in conjunction with plant based manufacturing based co-leaders. The position will also include launch responsibilities within body engineering for in-cycle model programmes.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering component design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools, FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Familiar with 8D process Proven Project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget and capable of working in a reactive environment.
-Hands on BIW manufacturing experience would be beneficial
- Experience in practical problem solving in a manufacturing environment using recognised methods such as 8D or 5-Why
- Excellent communications and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels, PC Literacy, Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Able to assimilate large quantities of data Ideally degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline
-CAD Literacy, ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Ability to generate CAD data in Catia v5 would be an advantage.
- Any person supplied should have a valid UK driving licence and meet the medical requirements of client facilities Knowledge of Body related systems Knowledge of Solihull plant processes 'Experience of delivery within the automotive sector useful but not essential
Work may involve travelling to other sites