Project Engineer - Fuel Systems - 22974
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
This is a key role in Powertrain Fuels with responsibility for the Component Engineering element of fuel system design. Powertrain Fuels is responsible for the fuel system design, development and sign off. The department is responsible for taking concept design from the Advanced Product Creation (APC) team, refining and driving those designs into production. The department has a wide variety of work, currently having major projects on most of the company model lines. Existing vacancy exists for fuel delivery component engineer within this team.
- Own and manage the introduction of fuel system components into comapny applications.
- Be responsible for the implementation of fuel system component designs.
- Manage suppliers via regular PMST meetings, compiling and maintaining PMST minutes.
- WERS release components ready for applications.
- Compile and drive costs from suppliers and liaise with Value For Money department, to get optimum costs for the component.
- Compile engineering statement of work and agree with supplier.
- Manage CAD engineers and packaging dept to produce component systems, and to optimise design of components.
- Support vehicle launch at pilot build and manufacturing plant.
- In addition the successful candidate must be able to work with the supplier base and drive in the principles and operating practices associated with GPDS (PCS).
- With specific focus on improving the focus on virtual sign-off design and sign-off prior to M1DJ, the successful candidate would be capable of working with the supplier base to improve their performance during this phase.
- Experience of V5 Catia CAD would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Powertrain installations and fuel delivery systems.
- Have worked in a component or development role and used those associated facilities and test equipment.
- Understanding of GPDS and component sign off required.
- Minimum 3 years in Automotive Engineering.
- Flexible, motivated with strong negotiation and meeting skills.
- Must be able to foster good working relationships internally and drive suppliers to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to manage own workload, CAD and facilities to meet clear and defined targets.
- Must be able to communicate and able to present information in a concise and factual manner.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Solid experience in Automotive Engineering.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.