Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
1. Project Management
a. Project management of design and engineering, ensuring timely releases for the department gateways at correct cost, quality, time.
b. Responsible for generation of detailed timing plans, parts release and change management.
c. Measurement of delivery status with early warning Key Performance Indicators (KPI) systems in place to facilitate any necessary corrective actions or timely escalation.
2. Technical Development
a. Responsible for the detailed technical development of the departments features across various technology areas.
b. Flexible approach, able to develop a varying degree of innovative features alongside the relevant Functional Project Manager.
c. Responsible for ensuring Engineering requirements are met, limitations understood and sign-off criteria for low-volume projects agreed.
d. Support both internal and external CAD Engineers to advise technically on product design and development with customer and product targets in mind.
e. Responsible for risk-management for low-volume projects.
f. Support design for Manufacture and rollout of production.
g. Responsible for raising & issuing documentation into the approved systems to the agreed task instruction in line with parts timing targets
3. Supplier Management
a. Key technical contact for external development partners/suppliers.
b. Technical concern management supporting root cause analysis.
c. Support sourcing activity and budget management.
d. Ensure suppliers are accountable and deliver to an agreed plan
e. Ability to represent the client during internal and external meetings, facilitating as required.
4. Ability to work within a team
a. Manage, monitor and, if necessary expedite, via other functions and/or external design house, activities concerned in the design and delivery of Features.
b. Ability to liaise and co-ordinate across ALL areas of the business the introduction of a Feature.
c. Present detailed information (Technical or Project) in various business environments with ability to propose solutions or make decisions.
2. Excellent time management and self-organisational skills
a. Responsible for defining and planning own workload – proactive approach with sense of urgency required.
b. Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to urgent unforeseen tasks.
c. UK or overseas travel required on regular basis.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience in automotive product development programmes.
• Proven track record of successful delivery of vehicle systems/features as a Project Engineer.
• Appropriate knowledge of Engineering and Project Management principles and processes working
• Experience of problem solving tools and able to lead problem resolution initiatives
• Experienced in external supplier management.
• Ability to influence people at all levels.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of self-motivation.
• Experienced in issue management, change management and parts release processes.
Practical & Technical Knowledge:
• Good team player who is self-motivated to deliver good quality products - essential
• Appropriate knowledge of Engineering and Project Management principles and processes working on relevant systems.
• Proven track record of successful delivery of vehicle systems/features to functional, cost, quality and timing targets.
• Broad knowled