Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client offer design, manufacture, assembly & testing of complex, high-integrity mechanical and electromechanical plant equipment as well as waste management and decommissioning front-end engineering and methodologies to the nuclear industry
Role Purpose: To support the Project Manager in establishing and maintaining programme and resource requirements to meet project objectives.
This role will start off 100% within the bid team responsible for delivering multiple design and manufacture tenders for our key accounts. As orders are secured, the role will migrate into the operational part of the business to the extent that workload would be balanced across tenders and live projects.
The Project Engineer will be responsible to the project manager for:
• Supporting order winning process
• Establishing and maintaining programme and resource requirements to meet project objectives.
• Attending and input to progress review meetings to ascertain requirements.
• Identifying programme and resource risks.
• Maintaining project costs within the cost control system.
• Ensuring that the project manager is aware of all unresolved problems and support the project manager in all project related activities.
• Supporting sites in the project control process.
• Produce reports as laid out in Business Procedures and working practices.
• Monitoring sub-contractor programmes.
• Analysing costs and programme variances and proactively provide solutions.
• Control of contract variations and change control registers and generation of claims documents on behalf of the PM.
• Generation of invoices and liaison with client on clearing payments.
• Attend contract commercial / progress meetings as directed by the PM and produce data for review at same.
• Deputise for the PM whenever nominated to do so.
• Liaise with client representatives on all contract issues as directed by the PM.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience liaising with clients
• Fully aware of project lifecycle
• General understanding of project management principles and processes
• Experience within the nuclear/defence industry is preferable but not essential
• Minimum HNC/HND in engineering
• Ideally qualified to graduate level in an engineering or equivalent degree
• Sound IT skills, particularly project reporting and writing skills
• Good spoken and written English is essential
• Comfortable working as part of a team