A major, international oil and gas company.
This is an exciting new role created to support the Chief Engineer in the commercialisation of the Nexcel hardware. Nexcel was introduced as one of the most significant oil change innovations in automotive history during October 2015. Since the launch, we have received a significant amount of interest from vehicle manufacturers to implement the system.
The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for incorporating the Nexcel system into prototype vehicles. The successful candidate will manage and lead an external design team, design and deliver the testing programme and be responsible for achieving the technical programme timelines.
The specific responsibilities for this role are:
* Develop a strong technical relationship with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
* Act as the technical interface for all project activities with the OEM
* Manage and design hardware testing activities relevant to this project . These tests will include use of dynamometers, vehicles and rigs
* Apply engineering science to inform designs and to perform root cause analysis of design failures
* Maintain and use failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
The role will allow the individual to build on their proven automotive systems knowledge, and provides an exciting opportunity to work in a start-up environment whilst being embedded within the larger business.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and will be able to work at times remotely whilst maintaining close contact with the Nexcel team.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
* Successfully manage the integration of Nexcel into vehicles
* Manage and deliver successful component testing activities to meet OEM specifications
* Develop and maintain Project, Design and Process FMEAs for the Nexcel Technology
* Define and complete design verification tests as informed by the FMEA
* The opportunity is offered on a full time basis for an initial period of 6 months. The programme has already been kicked off, so candidates who are available quickly are desirable.
Any Other Relevant Information
* Role is based in Reading (UK)
The successful candidate:
* Must be able and willing to travel to the USA to support the programme.
* Must have very good and demonstrable fundamental knowledge of engineering testing, vehicle development processes and design.
* Will have experience managing external parties:
Monitoring development progress
Ensuring on-time delivery
Motivating and exciting the whole team to deliver the best possible results
* Must have energy enthusiasm and a drive to deliver, the ability to take complex issues and problems and articulate them simply and in an engaging, succinct, jargon-free way
* Will be able to demonstrate an adaptable communication style, and be able to work in different countries, cultures and environments
* Will have a positive can-do attitude and be able to think outside the box and be open to new ideas
* Will have the ability to rapidly evaluate risk in projects and to make decisions based on the balance of risk and reward
* Will have an ability to draw on creative skills to generate new and ground-breaking propositions