Project Engineer - Offroad Vehicles - 30934
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
To join and lead a small team of engineers, developing & delivering all terrain vehicle Features to enhance the customer and vehicles capability. The role is to own and lead a portfolio of off-road and all-road features. This involves taking them from concept to first implementation in conjunction with the Research and program delivery team(S). It will be a blend of technical knowledge and metric development, process development and overall project management.
Alongside day-to-day development of features the role includes:
- Long-term strategy of off-road and all-road features, demonstration events to members of the Board and innovation to yield the next generation of features.
- Lead the development of off-road and all-road features.
- Create statements of intent for new features, progress though to approval and feature delivery.
- Be the prime point of contact and owner for long-term strategy on portfolio of off-road features.
- Outline and agree customer level feature targets and translation into system level targets.
- Provide objective feature performance targets and lead test method development where necessary.
- Identify and benchmark competitor vehicles and features.
- Plan and lead a small team through the development, design verification and delivery of the features.
- Report feature status to senior management at regular intervals.
- Annually demonstrate future features and strategy to Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead integration of new features into the existing Attribute Requirements List.
- Collaborate with vehicle programme teams to ensure a robust specification, development and sign-off.
- Use data to support customer & business case Feature selection and on-going strategy.
- Work with Research on innovation methods and conceptualising new features.
- Ensure all features and new ideas meet the long-term strategic goals of the team, programmes and business.
3 KEY SKILLS
1)Proven development and delivery of Engineering project(s), ideally in an automotive organisation or other transport industry.
2)Project management & delivery
- Good technical knowledge of vehicle systems, key areas are chassis and electrical
- Highly self-motivated engineer with proven interpersonal communication/networking skills.
- Proven project and time management skills and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrable people-management, team working, organisational and budget management skills.
- Confident presentation and report-writing skills; competent use of MS Office.
Ideally a substantial amount of years in an appropriate industry
Educated to Degree Level, in an appropriate/related Engineering subject
- Good working knowledge of vehicle engineering, test and development.
- Systems Engineering Knowledge
- Physical & Virtual development/validation
- Hold a clean full UK driving Licence.
- Reasonable flexibility to support some overseas testing.
The ability to work in other countries for short periods of time - must have a valid passport. Some UK activities will require staying away from base location - i.e. remote test locations. In addition there will be a requirement to travel overseas to various locations for short/medium durations (upto 2-3 weeks duration potentially)