Project Engineer - SVO - 30023
Warwick - Fen End
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Vehicle Personalisation is one pillar of the Special Operations division responsible for developing the strategy, product and process to deliver outstanding personalisation options for our customers. Operating as a ‘business within the business’ and set up with a nimble/commercially-minded outlook to leverage the increasing desire of our customers to personalise their vehicles, focused on the development and delivery of relevant and profitable accessory programmes for every vehicle line. Our area is in a period of rapid growth and transformation, offering a unique opportunity to be part of, and lead, transformation of what we offer and how we do business. Our accessory portfolios already generate significant revenue and profit for the business; however through realignment and a fiercely customer-first focus can deliver considerably more.
Key strategy elements of the overall Special Operations division include:-
- Production of High Volume line built derivatives inc sporting, luxury and off road.
- Premium Editions (inc. Armoured vehicles) and Bespoke workshop builds
- A compelling and profitable range of vehicle accessories
- Option Packs to enhance the Sporting and Lifestyle attributes of our vehicle range
- Vehicle personalisation and exclusivity
- Provides a single point of contact per platform for VP Engineering to enable face off to VP Programme team, NML, VLDs, CPEs etc, to enable the facilitation of VP features and lowest cost and highest quality
- Lead the Engineering delivery on all VP projects on a specific Platform, liaising with the functional managers (Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Electrical), on programmes in the pre-' phase through to job 1 + 90.
- Lead VP Engineering PDL responses, liaise/ negotiate with core on ownership, develop tech feas (with APC), drive design feas (DPAT), co-ordinate project resources.
- Support core project DPAT, VIT, PST, VLBR as required to ensure VP interests are covered and issues resolved.
- Liaise with core CoC’s to ensure platform architecture and systems are specified, agreed and capable of delivering VP accessories.
- Support VP Engineering launch support and support NML as required.
- Drive/ Support Engineering team on delivery, timing, cost, AIMs, concerns, quality etc.
- Drive VP innovation projects into delivery, on a specific platform. - Drive VP Engineering process improvement, and platform strategy
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1) It is essential that the individual has worked in an engineering delivery role, ideally with whole vehicle experience.
2) Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential.
3) High Drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- It is essential that the individual has worked in an engineering delivery role, ideally with whole vehicle experience.
- Experience in projects from pre to Job 1 inc launch support.
- Experience of GPDS / PCS and all engineering planning and delivery processes is essential i.e. AIM's, DFMEA, eFDVS / RMDV, WERS.
- Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Good leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
- A good level of people development and team management skill or experience.
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
- The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
- Preferably a degree in an Engineering subject or HNC/HND with significant experience. Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role within the automotive, or a related, industry, with a demonstrable track record of delivery