Project Instrument Engineer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral member of our Projects team based in Norwich.
The successful candidate will be providing additional support and technical capability to a range of Projects where you will be working closely with both internal and external stakeholders. The technical assurance to both onshore and offshore operations shall be in line with company policy and legislation.
The role would suit an engineering degree qualified candidate or equivalent with strong operational/design knowledge and practical experience.
Whilst the role is office based Monday to Friday it will involve occasional trips offshore.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and implement instrumentation based solutions to project workscopes including Fire and Gas detection devices and systems
• Ensure the Technical Integrity for Project Instrument and Control systems
• Support the project team in assessing and eliminating instrument and control safety issues
• Act as a discipline representative for major projects and feasibility studies, providing technical guidance including specification and standards
• Attend vendor co-ordination meetings, project hazops and design review meetings. Be responsible for the approval of project commissioning procedures and reviewing vendor’s machinery test procedures including witnessing testing.
• Responsible for assessing initial suitability of Instrument & Control modifications to comply with the verification scheme
• Use and implement Perenco performance standards and Guidance on Certification
• Create work packs for offshore and terminal project installation
• Provide specifications and support for equipment purchasing
• Ideally experience in the offshore/onshore Oil & Gas industry or related industries
• Strong technical background and degree level qualified or a minimum of HNC or equivalent