Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
"The Connected Car programme is delivering industry leading, customer exciting Telematics, Infotainment and Vehicle Management services. These services operate in conjunction with Smartphone and Tablet Applications, and are built on a number of Cloud platforms. The Connected Car are now looking for a hands-on Project Manager, or Delivery Manager, to take strong control over an existing portfolio of projects and workstreams, to deliver the next phase of Connected Car progress. This role is to manage the delivery of up to three Connected Car projects, specifically: - Management of the delivery and integration of Connected Car partners and suppliers including Telematics Service Provider, Hosting Providers, Content Providers, and Mobile Network Operators to deliver the off-board service infrastructure.
- Ensuring business process alignment between these same partners and suppliers, and delivering an efficient, high quality in-life operational relationship.
- Leading workstream deliveries, including managing supplier delivery plans, identifying and managing dependencies between suppliers and in-vehicle systems
- Aligning project deliveries with wider Programme milestones and budget targets.
- Leading the off-board Infrastructure SW development processes with the infrastructure partners and provide the project prioritisation of the development requirements into the Agile SW development.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Project Management
2. Stakeholder Management
3. Managing geographically, and culturally diverse project teams.
- Management and co-ordination of the Project Software Releases to multiple Environments, co-ordinating activities between Infrastructure partners, Product Managers, Design Authority, Integration, and Quality Assurance teams to ensure the delivery Quality. - Ensuring all delivery aspects are managed and executed to plan and coordinating delivery activities of a complex and diverse stakeholder base. - Project Execution and Delivery within set goals of quality, time and costs. - Manage mutliple stakeholder engagement including various internal teams and 3rd party suppliers."
"Planning and Delivery of complex technical projects to market. Managing multiple 3rd parties, and internal stakeholders. Project tracking and reporting. Managing multiple projects simultaneously."
"- Experience in mobile telecommunications, and/or vehicle telematics. - Experience working in multiple cultures, China specifically would be an advantage. - China language fluency would be a definite advantage."
Additional Information :
"- Travel will be required, including the occasional weekend away from the home country - Candidates based in China, but willing to travel to the UK on occasion will be seriously considered."
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.