Project Manager - Hybrid&Electrifrication - 23063
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The Hybrid & Electrification CoC is responsible for delivering Full Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid and stop-start systems to the business. These are highly complex electro-mechanical systems so the department employs a systems engineering approach to their design & development. Within the Controls, Systems and Attributes function there are specific teams responsible for systems design and the systems integration and verification. This role is within the Systems Integration and Verification Team.
Responsibilities include:- Architecture & networking design for hybrid system.
Integration of hybrid systems into prototype vehicles and ensuring data-logging requirements are met.
Commissioning of prototype vehicles, Diagnosis & Resolution of system issues.
Verification of the hybrid system using HIL rigs, Labcars & Vehicles.
Supporting the system engineering processes to drive quality delivery of Hybrid/Electric vehicles.
- Detailed understanding of vehicle networks, particularly CAN & CCP/XCP.
- Understanding of the technologies which come together in hybrid vehicles, particularly electronic architectures.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills & self confidence to drive resolution of complex integration issues.
- Demonstrable project management, team working skills.
- Ability to generate metrics / presentation material for management and programme review purposes.
- Experience with any of the following toolsets will be beneficial:-
- dSpace ControlDesk.
- Volcano Network Architect.
-Data Logging / Data Mining.
- Matlab / Simulink.
- ASL (or similar scriptable diagnostic tools).
- Oscilloscopes for signal analysis.
- Experience of working with complex electro-mechanical products.
- Experience of troubleshooting system issues on vehicle an on rig/HIL tools.
- Experience of verification/validation within an automotive environment - particularly hardware in the loop testing.
- Degree qualified in a relavent field.