Our client is a nuclear specialist, covering both civilian and defence sectors, across the complete lifecycle from New Build, through Operations and Maintenance, to final decommissioning and waste disposal.
* Utilise our best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
* Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
* Prepare cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
* Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
* Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
* Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
* Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
* Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cashflow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
* Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients.
* Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the nuclear Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
* Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the NEC forms of contract.
* Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying.
* Working knowledge of NEC.
* Post contract knowledge and experience.
* Main contractor environment experience.
* Good general commercial awareness.
* Able to act on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.